2020-10-27 - R.E. Bronzie's 5Q Question Set for October 2020
My responses to Bronzies's 5Qs for October:
1. If you had to live in one, Which Sci-Fi dystopia would you live in, and why?
Unfortunately I have never seen Bladerunner, Running Man, Demolition Man, or Looper... I'm not really much for films as you might guess. I'll take the 2020 Dystopia instead, as my wife and kids are here :-)
2. You have access to a single-hop time machine that can jump you 60 years into the past or the future. There's a gun at your head and you must jump or perish. You can only travel once. 1960, 2080, or oblivion? Why?
Hmmm... I'll take 1960 I think. There's a lot of bad stuff in the past, but there'd be some good music, and I'd get to see things mostly heading in the right direction over time. I'm a bit pessimistic about where things will be in 2080, with climate change and so on.
3. Tomorrow you are launching on the first manned mission to Mars. You are about to be in for 36 months of rehydrated mush and vacuum-sealed nutritious shelf-stable goodness. What is your launch-eve dinner (anything you want)? Bonus points: describe it in a way that will make us want it too.
I think I'd like to eat some cochinita pibil tacos. Delicious moist pork with chipotle flavour, topped with some pink pickled onions. Yum. Weirdly although we've lived in Texas for 10 nearly 10 years my wife and I's favourite place to get these is a restaurant in London.... they are just so delicious there.
4. Sponsors of the Mars trip have arranged 24/7 streaming of Fox News to your ship and habitat as your primary entertainment. In your private time you are allowed 15 minutes a day where you can listen to your own audio media. You can take 10 songs/tracks of up to 7.5 minutes in length each with you on your trip to Mars - what are they?
This is difficult, but off the top of my head a good start might be...
* Edwin Starr - 25 Miles
* The Bluetones - Bluetonic
* Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
* Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
* Kamaya Painters - Endless Wave (Albion Mix)
* The Thrillseekers - Synaestheisa (Instrumental)
* Old 97s - Victoria
* Human League - In Darkness
* Suede - The Beautiful Ones
* Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness
5. Tomorrow's headline: scientists prove definitively that we live in a computed simulation. What do you feel about this?
Whoever wrote it is a bit twisted, or they'd have shut the thing down when seemingly crazy events like the election of Trump started happening, and started debugging.
Index of Posts