LibrarySat 4 Jun 12:05:48 CEST 2022.
Books that changed my life
A list of books I read that had a great impact on how I think and act.
- Flowers for Algernon, Daniel Keyes.
- Ishmael: A Novel, Daniel Quinn.
- Johnny Got is Gun, Dalton Trumbo.
- The Daily Stoic, Ryan Holiday, Stephen Hanselman.
- Eternnal fascism, Umberto Eco
Ishmael is a philosophical novel that reads as easily and smoothly as a well written fictional novel, while also being extremely thought provoking and insightful on what is the human condition and on civilization in general.
The format of the Socratic conversation, a dialogue between a teacher and their pupil, is perfect for analysing one by one the many layers of thoughts that lead the reader to a deep reflection on the condition of humankind and our relationship with the environment.
The book was published in 1992, but I found it absolutely relevant today.